- Grand Gorge is located in the
Northern Catskill Mountains of New York State. It is 160 miles
Northwest of New York City and 60 miles Southwest of Albany, NY.
Windham weather (13 miles east
of Grand Gorge)
- How long does it take to drive to Grand
Gorge from NYC? It takes approximately 3 hours from Midtown Manhattan to
Grand Gorge. It may take considerably longer if you leaving during a Friday
evening rush hour or on Prime Holiday weekends.
- What are the Prime Holiday Weekends for
traffic? - The prime holidays for weekend traffic are Christmas, New Year's,
and any officially observed three- day holiday such as Martin Luther King's
Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day. Other holiday's where
you may expect heavy traffic are Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Forth
of July, Columbus Day and Thanksgiving.
- Can I get to Grand Gorge using public
transportation? Although there is public bus transportation to Grand Gorge,
you will not be able to get to the cabin from the town without privately
arranged car service. For those who are commuting to Grand Gorge for the
purposes of a Herbal Class, we will make arrangements to have you picked
up. For those who are considering renting the cabin, this facility should
not be considered unless you have a car.
- How far is it from the cabin to the nearest
town? The nearest town which has a food market is Prattsville - 3 miles
- How far away are the ski slopes? It is 15
miles to both Ski Windham and Hunter Mountain. Other ski areas, such as Ski
Plattikill, Deer Run, Belleayer Mt, are a bit further away.
- See: Catskill Web Sites -
Restaurants. Things to do. Links etc.
This is a single cabin located on 30 private
acres. There are no other stores, businesses, etc. at the facility during
your stay. You will have the entire 30 acres property to yourselves. Weekend
Herbal classes are offered at this property during the summer and these
weekends are not available to renters. This location is extremely private.
You can not see any houses from the cabin.
- Outdoor Pool (24 foot aboveground- open
- Hot tub (outdoors open year-round)
- Linens and Towels
- Wood burning Stove with Glass door for
- Individually controlled thermostats for each
rooms electric heating
- Bathroom with shower stall (no tub)
- Outdoor shower near pool (seasonal)
- Gas BBQ
- TV (Direct TV Satellite)
- Satellite Internet
- Free phone calls to any of the 48 continental United States.
- DVD/VCR player
- Limited VHS/DVD library
- Compact Stereo/Radio/Tape/CD player
- Decks front and back
- Outdoor dining set with sun umbrella
- Beautifully planted flower and herb gardens
- Water lily Pond (small pond near house)
- pond stocked with Large Mouth Bass located
on property (short walk from the cabin)
- Pet Friendly (up to three pets well behaved
- Large Side by Side Fridge/Freezer with Ice
- Full Size gas range/oven for cooking
- All Clad cookware (pots and pans)
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Bean Grinder
- Set of Henkel Chef Knives
- Small Cuisinart Food Processor
- Full set of Dishes to serve 6 people
- Tall Beverage Glasses
- Short Beverage Glasses
- Wine Glasses
- Assorted kitchen tools (i.e. can opener,
wine opener, cooking utensils, etc.)
- Two bedrooms - one full size double bed in
- Living room Futon opens into a full size
- Alarm Clock